Here's What Been Up To!
- The Capital Area Modern Quilt Guild is officially a member of the national Modern Quilt Guild Organization. If you haven’t already done so, check out their great website.
- CAMQG successfully left a modern mark on the PA Farm Show in January. Our finished quilt top was on display in the Family Living section where visitors were able to view the top and give hand quilting a try. The non-traditional colors and pattern were a successful conversation starter, too!
- Our January 25th meeting was held in the classroom space at Smile Spinners, in Marysville, PA. Guild members participated in a ‘Photo Inspiration challenge’. Each person brought 3 fat quarters that were inspired by a photo of a flower. They were then tasked with sewing a block of their choice, with somebody else’s fabric. It was fun to see everyone’s creative process and resulting blocks. Thank you all who participated!
What's Coming up?
- Meeting : Tuesday, February 18th
- Gathering of the Guilds: Saturday, February 22nd (9 am - 4 pm) –Swatara Church of God, 4860 Lindle Road, Harrisburg PA.
Gathering of the Guilds is a great opportunity for the public to meet with and learn about various fiber and needlework-related guilds in Central PA.
CAMQG members will have several modern quilts on display and will be providing a demo of improvisational piecing! “Cost of admission” is a canned good. Hope to see you there
- Meeting: Tuesday, March 18th
Capital Area Modern Quilt Guild
New members are always welcome, contact us at CapitalAreaMQG@gmail.com